Friday, April 22, 2011

S is for sloppy joes

S is for sloppy joes.

I grew up eating sloppy joes. My mom would fix them once or twice a month. The school cafeteria ladies would serve them for lunch.

Those sloppy joes were made with tomato sauce and McCormick or similiar sloppy joe seasoning packets. It wasn't until Manwich came along that my mom started using it instead of the packets and tomato sauce.

To this day I use Manwich to make sloppy joes for my family. I tried the seasoning packets and tomato sauce since I was in high school. My family and I don't like sloppy joes made with it as much as the Manwich ones.

5 comments:

  1. I didn't like them when I was a kid... I had one about 13 years ago, and I remember that it wasn't bad, but I couldn't begin to describe it. Perhaps I shall revisit the Sloppy Joe.

    Matt Conlon dot com
    Matt's Brew Log

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never eaten a Sloppy Joe, but would love to taste one. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never eaten a sloppy joe, but heard about manwich. I wonder why you prefer Manwich to the seasoning mix. McCormick spices are good. Maybe Manwich is sweeter, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manwich is yummy! I haven't has a sloppy joe in ages, but I think tomorrow would be a great day to have one.

    My “S” Post
    My “R” Post

    ReplyDelete