Thursday, April 21, 2011

R is for Rambunctious Kitty

Yesterday in the Q is for Quiet blog post, I mentioned my cat who thunders through the house. There are times when she gets wound up so much she becomes rambunctious.

When the windows are open, she likes to sit on the sill. It seems like fresh air is her catnip. She gets all wound up, attacks anything and everything in her way. She has become so rambunctious at times, she has knocked the curtain down in the bathroom jumping up to the window sill. Sometimes she misses and lands partially in the toilet. OOPS!

She has thundered through the house missing a step and slams into the stove or wall. OOPS! She gets up wonders off to shake it off only to start again after a few minutes. Sounds like a typical 2 year old at times right?

So that is the r word of the day describing my kitty.

7 comments:

  1. We have one such kitty. She is very good at being bad, and very bad at being good. I love her, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cats are just as crazy! I have six and they drive me crazy, but I love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, my cat freaks out when the wind blows! I don't know why it bothers him so much but he runs around like a crazy thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an accurate description of a cat I used to have. Pure-bred Siamese, but didn't meet show standards, so I bought him cheap. They had named him HariKari because of his death defying acts of rambunctiousness. We called him Simon. He should have knocked himself silly (and maybe he did considering his senility at the end) as often as he'd run under the coffee table to leap onto the drapes and jump short and hit the table; or fall off the TV after falling asleep on top of it. He'd have made a good cowboy because he always got back on the horse after he fell off. He lived to be 18.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I wasn't allergic to cats, I had a couple. I discovered that the older they got the less rambunctious they became. My current A-Z Challenge blog is here: http://myheartblogstoyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't been owned by a kitty in a few years now. I have to say I miss those feline antics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like some of my kitties! What would we ever do without them?

    ReplyDelete