Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Q is for Quiet -- Remember you're in the library while I'm working

Q is for Quiet -- Remember you're in the library while I'm working.

While I am working on my articles, it helps for my house to be relatively quiet. You know like when you go to the library and you know you need to be quiet so others can read in peace? That's what I need. Sure there's ambient background noise of some kind, but it's not the loud noises that come from my family and pets.

It seems my husband thinks it's okay to let out rip roaring belches, farts and nose blowing while I'm trying to concentrate on my work. I am not talking the semi-loud ones heard in stores, a doctor's office, or places like that. I am talking about farts, belches and nose blowing loud in to make you jump. The kind that are reminiscent of fingers on a chalkboard, drive you batty kinds of bodily sounds.

Then the kid. She believes banging around in the kitchen, which is on the other side of the north wall in my computer room, is a-okay. Then she has to talk to the critters in a loud high pitched voice that drives them even batty. Batty to the point where the dog starts barking at the top of her voice. Where the cat meows and hisses at her.

Speaking of the cat, she is now thundering through the house, smacking around, and being a pest while I write this.

Now my hubby wonders why I don't get any more work done during the day than I do. Imagine that.....I think he forgot his inside voice and actions while visiting the library.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds so familiar. I often write with the TV on but with a toddler and a husband who is also prone to random bursts of loud obnoxious noises, there's never really any quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband sounds a lot like mine. :-) But mine also likes to have the T.V. blasting and likes to talk while I'm trying to type.

    I love writing in the library - I wish I had the chance to do it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiet is a necessity for my writing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's usually when I'm finally settled in to write that my dogs act up and play WWF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I crave quiet, too. It's not always easy to come by.

    My A-Z Blogging “Q” post is right here: http://www.word-nerd-speaks.com/2011/04/quest-for-quiet-quickie.html

    ReplyDelete