Friday, April 8, 2011

G is for the Gift of Gab.

I know a lot of people who have the gift of gab. Unfortunately or maybe fortunately, I am not one of them. I am the shy, quiet person often seen sitting at the table with little to say about anything.

For some, using that gift of gab comes through in their writing as well. Not only that, they are the ones I have seen being the most social on social networks gaining more friends and followers just to see what the next topic is being discussed.

Having the gift of gab can be the best thing for anyone needing a social outlet or for adding to a host of writing options or being on webinars. With the writing circle(s) I am in that gift of gab has often lead these good hearted folks all the previous options and then some.

So if you have the gift of gab, use it to your fullest advantage without being the annoying person people sometimes avoid.

11 comments:

  1. I'm shy at first but once I get to know someone, I can gab my heart out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup... I am a gabber. Can not help myself. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, you have to know when to let it flow and when to shut up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'm one of the annoying ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm shy at first, but can be quite the gab in no time. I feel that sometimes I can say what I want better in writing though. It's easier to express my feelings that way, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Fortunately and unfortunately I'm a gabber. I rarely shut up. I'm that "life of the party" guy haha. I like a good, loud joke and I like being the center of social interactions. But I'm not the norm - most people fall somewhere in between us. :P Cute blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly do well gabbing on paper! I've been reading your articles.
    Met you through A-Z. My blog is http://www.betterthanordinary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm reserved at first, but once I know somebody I like to gab away. I stink at the small talk though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a overly gabby but I have never been known to be reserved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll talk to anyone about pretty much anything. :O)

    My “G” post: Genetic Link

    My “H” post: Habituation: Can You Think Yourself Skinny?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not gabby either and I HATE idle chit chat. I'm one of those people where everything has to have a purpose so talking for the sake of talking annoys me.

    ReplyDelete